Sunday, August 1, 2010

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea.....

Sleeping on an air mattress is alot like sleeping on a boat. You wake up sea sick, or in my case sea sick and ever so slightly hungover from the Jersey Shore drinking game. I've mentioned the Jersey Shore drinking game a few times now so I'll tell you how it's played. You take a drink everytime: Someone is fixing their hair, Someone gets into a punch throwing fight, They go to the gym, They hook up with someone, They do fist pumps, Whenever they drink, or whenever they tan. DO NOT TAKE SHOTS!!!! THIS COULD KILL YOU!!!!! You can Chug your drink when: None of the aforementioned are happening BUT you MUST fist pump the entire time you are chugging. It's a really fun game, one of my better creations. I have a game also in honor of Shark week but I'll let you get through MTV's 12638760271085 re runs of the Jersey Shore season premiere.

After my best friend woke up he wouldn't shut up about going to Waffle House so we loaded up and went. As we get there and get our orders put in we have the chattiest Waffle House Waiter of the century. Don't get me wrong, I dont mind the conversation, but If I'm coming to where you work to get food, then I'm hungry and I don't really feel like laughing at all your jokes. While we were eating we made fun of my best friend for some randome reason and the really adorable baby at the next booth starts laughing which just made everything that much funnier. As we start to leave I really don't know what happened to my thought process. First I realize that I'm short on being able to pay my tab so I tell my best friend to wait in the Waffle house so I can grab extra cash out of my car, then I realize I left my keys and sunglasses at the booth, I grab them go to the car and STILL don't grab enough money. The waiter flags me down and tells me, so I just charge it to my debit card and leave him a nice tip and feel a complete idiot.

From there we go to the mall and I make the transformation into an East Cobb Snob. Cute dress, Rap blaring out of my speakers, starbucks in one hand with a Coach bag under my arm, then top it off with an "I'm better than you face." I'm home! Big success of the day, I finally found a copy of the Chester French CD. I'm so glad Barney has a CD player. I forgot how nice it was to not fight with a broken radio!!!! After I get my CD, I drop my best friend and his brother off at his apartment and go on to my babysitting job for the night.

I love this babysitting job. Really if I wasn't moving I'd do this for as long as possible. Great kids, great family. I'm so excited that I helped get my best friend this job, yay recommendations!!! This family has an infant and a 13 year old. The infant belongs to the mom and dad while the 13 year old is the mom's younger sister. So there's a big age gap. The baby was a little sick so he mainly just wanted to be held but was still really playful and the 13 year old was really good too. The baby went to bed not long after I got there. I had to take his temperature which is different than than taking a normal temp and it's hard when the baby doesn't want to stay still. When I had him sitting still he started to sob but apparently I'm hilarious when I sing the songs to Elmo's World and SpongeBob SquarePants. The teenager and I hung out and watched Grease. She made fun of it and I realized she was kinda right. That movie is really cheesy. I guess I never realized it as a kid but it's really ridiculous. After it went off she went to bed and I was bored out of my mind. I got a call from a friend and he goes on this tangent and then asks me to marry him! WHAT?!?! If were not dating or anything like that then why would I marry you? really? It was weird. Then another one of my exes kept calling me. It was kinda like being in an episode of the twilight zone. The parents got home in the early morning hours and when they got home we sat around and talked for a long time. I really don't think you could fimd more interesting, funny, or better hearted people. I really enjoyed my night, I was sad to go.

When I was takling to the mom and dad we hit on some very heavy points and it was one of those nights that really just made me think. When I left their house I didn't go home. I just drove. It was really good, I got some time to think. I'm always a high energy person and always around people so it was nice to be by myself and have virtually empty roads. The one thing that really stuck out in my mind was no matter what problems you may have, someone always has it worse and you can't sit around and feel sorry for yourself. After all of that I decided to go home and I must have found every red light in East Cobb. Red lights are pretty pointless at 4:45 AM, just saying. I wanted to run every one of them!!! But I didnt because A) If I get another ticket before my 21st birthday, my liscense is suspended. and B) Three words that go back to point A: Red Light Cameras. Damn you Cobb county for finding a way forcing me to obey traffic laws even when cops arent there.

That was my Saturday.

Becky Marietta

No comments:

Post a Comment