Thursday, August 5, 2010

East Cobb Snobs are breeding!!!!

My best friend is the best alarm clock I've ever had. Seriously.If I want to be awake by a certain time or do something by a certain time he will bug the shit out of me until I get up and go do it. Was yet another adventure day for me and him. When I get bored and can't think of any organized activity to do I just drive. I'll drive until I find something interesting. One of the most interesting things in the world to me are the people that live in East Cobb. It's the craziest stuff, I mean they all fit this one personality. They have an air about themselves like the world is entitled to them and all the women suffer from the stepford wife syndrome, even the single moms. Don't believe me? Go to Merchant's Walk.

Speaking of Merchant's walk, that's where my aimless drive led me. As some of you know, I'm an aunt to the coolest kid with the coolest name ever, Gus. Around Merchant's Walk there is this really cool educational toy store. So my inner aunt & estrogen kicked into high gear and I decided I'd go in and see if I could find some new age appropriate toys for my nephew.

As I'm walking around the toy store, I realize everything is crazy expensive.I'm not sure if things were just cheaper when I was child or if I just had no concept of price. Maybe a little of both. Either way I gained a new respect for why my parents had to say, "Sorry we can't get this toy today."

As I was about to accept the fact that I am a broke college student and I need to hit up dollar tree for my nephew, I over hear this woman at the cash register. I had seen this woman around the store with her albino Shirley Temple looking daughter pretty much the entire time I was there. This mother seemed to be in a similar boat as me and kept having to tell her kid no everytime she came over. She would very passively say, "No it's your birthday next week and I already have you a present at home." After a few rounds of her saying this like a broken record this child went from albino to tomato red.The next thing I know this child is SCREAMING. She is screaming like someone cut her arm off. She is also at this point crying and laying on the floor kicking. "I HATE YOU!!!!" She screams as her mother calmly says, "No It's your birthday next week you need to stop."

I was never spanked as a child, nor do I really think it's the best disciplinary method, but i'm not even this kid's mom and I wanted to back hand her into next week.

The best part is, the mom finally let the little girl have her way.

If that had been my kid.....oh hell no.

I'm not a parent, and I'm most definitely not saying I know everything about parenting. I just believe if you're planning on having children, please control them in public. A fussy infant is understandable, but a fit throwing 8 year old is just fucking annoying.

I'm so glad i'm just an aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment