Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Music makes the people come together

Hey guys This is kind of an untraditional post for me. I was driving through Atlanta on Friday and I was listening to Georgia State's radio station Album 88 (88.5 if you want to tune in ever.) The station is really hit or miss. I'll either tune in and everything is just fantastic or its just terrible. But friday night was a really good night and I discovered a great old indie song by a great indie band. I normally hate music bloggers because 9 times out of 10 they just bash good bands just because theyre not their style or they're in a band and they think they know everything because they're a "musician." I got to thinking that since music is a big part of my life and since I write about my life that it's only appropriate to sometimes share what i'm listening to or what I've discovered. Don't worry I'm still not a music blogger, I'm just sharing with you what I enjoy.



this is the song that I heard on Album 88. When I first heard them I thought they could possibly be The Smiths because Jarvis Cocker has a sound similar to Morrissey in my opinion.



If this sounds familiar to you, it's probably because its the background music to Shaun White's Target commercial. Still a great song. This band also just had another one of their songs used in Raising Hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8YCSJpF4g4

This one is called 5 years time by noah and the whale. It's just catchy and has a great video.



This is also very catchy, great beat and really easy to follow lyrics. It's so true of how breakups go down too.



Just a good dance song. the video makes me crazy dizzy though.



There's actually some scandal about this girl. This is Lina Morgana who passed away in 2008. She was good friends with Lady Gaga before she was famous. Morgana's mother has been claming that Gaga stole her daughter's soul because the similarities in her sound and look. You be the judge.



Ever been in an awful relationship that you know you should leave but just dont? that's pretty much what this song embodies. This band was featured on the series Moral Orel if they sound familiar that's why.



One of my favorite songs. Welcome To Suburbia by Jeremy Messersmith. Describes my feelings about the Suburbs. Not really sure why they put all of this to pictures of Savannah because Savannah isn't a suburb but whatever. This song was featured on the short lived show My Life As Liz.



speaks for itself. this is the sound i go to local shows searching for.




love love love.



That's all for today. I will start adding songs to end of my blogs so you can discover if you want.

love one another.
beck.

No comments:

Post a Comment